Sunday, January 10, 2010

Take Me to the River

I had a blog for several years, while I was in law school and after graduation.  I talked about life as a project manager by day/law student by night, about tv shows, movies, the world, etc.  But after a while I lost focus on it and drifted away.  It became a place where I would periodically link to flickr photo albums and occasionally tell an amusing story.

So I looked for something new.  I then decided to try a one year "try new stuff" project, where every day for a year I would have to try at least one new thing - a new food, a new activity, a new destination, etc.  It was fun for a bit, and I now am more likely to try out new things on a day to day basis (I can be a real creature of habit sometimes), but the blog itself was too limiting, and I stopped after 35 posts.

But I miss blogging.  What's a geek to do?  What she does best: ramble on about whatever happens to be on her mind at that moment.  It could be the planning for next year's garden, the latest episode of a show on SyFy, a tale from the road on a business trip or vacation, or the details on whatever fabulous thing is in progress in the kitchen.

Current items possibly coming soon:

  • Friday's episode of Dollhouse.  Saunders!  Bennett!  Boyd????  Eeek! 
  • The Vibram FiveFinger shoes that arrived this week.  Very cool
  • The get together later today with friends from... um... yeah - 30 or so years in the past.
  • The babka experiment.  
Let's just get started with the babka experiment now.  Jules and I just got back from vacation, so of course we have neither milk nor eggs.  I want to make a cinnamon babka, but the current temperature is -1 F outside (-18 C), so the thought of venturing out really isn't appealing to me at this particular moment. What I do have in the fridge are Egg Beaters and Pumpkin Spice soy milk.  A match made in heaven or a small slice of hell?  I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Let's be honest here, you hate to go to the store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - the above comment's from Julie...

    ReplyDelete